LEMONY ROASTED BROCCOLI & CHERRY TOMATOES
Serves about 4 as a side dish
- About a pound of fresh broccoli, tough stems removed and broken into florets (or 12 oz pre-cut florets)
- 1 dry pint cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1-2 Tbs olive oil (I used 1 Tbs but I think 2 would have worked better)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- Half a lemon
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the olive oil, garlic, oregano, and red pepper flakes in a small bowl. Toss the broccoli and tomatoes with the oil mixture and spread it out on the parchment-lined cookie sheet. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 10-15 minutes or until broccoli is nicely browned. Check on it after 10 minutes and stir the vegetables if necessary.
- Immediately squeeze the juice of half a lemon over the vegetables upon removing them from the oven. Add more salt and pepper if desired and serve.