meatballs. So, I wanted to find an alternative creamy spread that I could use as a change of pace. Enter pumpkin hummus. I've made this several times already as I just can't get enough of it. I got the idea from this page, so apparently it is a traditional middle eastern dish. Maybe?? Well, the internet says it is. In any case, that pumpkin/cumin/tahini combo creates a perfect harmony. I also add some ras el hanout, but you can leave it out and it will still be delicious.
Makes about 2 generous cups
- 1 can (15 oz) pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin pie mix)
- 1/4 cup roasted tahini
- 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp ras el hanout (optional; I used this recipe)
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Tbs lemon or lime juice
- 1 Tbs fresh minced cilantro or flat-leaf parsley (I've used both successfully, it's just a matter of preference)
- Put everything in a food processor.
- Blend! You're done!