It Starts With Food: "egg scramble with peaches, spinach, fresh basil, and chopped pecans". This one is simple, fantastic, and seems fancy but is easy to make. I love the combination of brie with apples. Fresh arugula adds a subtle bitterness that complements the richness of the cheese. You can definitely play around with this a bit: use a different soft cheese instead of the brie, a different variety of apples, or substitute baby spinach for the arugula.
BRIE, APPLE, AND ARUGULA OMELETTE
- 2 eggs, beaten
- About 1 oz (weight) brie slices (no need to measure, you can just eyeball it)
- About 1 oz (weight) Granny Smith apple, sliced very thin (again, no need to measure)
- Small handful of arugula leaves
- Optional: sprinkle of truffle salt
- Butter or other fat of choice for cooking
- Heat a small skillet over medium.
- Add the butter and swirl to coat. Add the eggs and cook until the bottom seems solid but the top is still a bit wet. Add the apple, brie, and arugula on one side of the omelette. Sprinkle on a bit of truffle salt, if using. Fold the omelette over, cover, and turn off the heat. Let it sit for a few minutes (I leave it on the burner) until cheese is melted.
- Take off heat and serve!