After a day of hard training, this recipe from New Yorker By Heart sounded so good that I had to make it. This dish with tomato salad is like an upgraded version of what my husband and I both usually order at old-fashioned-type diners. It's one of the simpler things I've posted on this blog, but I definitely recommend it for an easy dinner. The tomato salad is grape tomatoes and olives tossed with balsamic vinegar mixed with fresh basil pesto.
HAMBURGER STEAK WITH ONIONS AND EGG
Serves however many you make
- Hamburger patties (I used 90% lean grass fed ground beef seasoned with Penzeys Old World seasoning; of course salt and pepper would work too)
- Onion, sliced or coarsely chopped
- Cook the hamburger patties to desired level of doneness in a skillet. Set aside, cover with foil to keep warm.
- Cook the onions in the remaining juices, adding a little extra butter or oil if necessary. Set aside.
- Cook the eggs in the same pan until cooked but yolk is still runny.
- Top each hamburger steak with onions and an egg. Serve with Tabasco or steak sauce, and tomato salad or sliced tomatoes on the side.