Yikes! Long time no post! I guess we all need a break occasionally...but rest assured, I have some great recipes queued up!
Made some burgers. Stuffed 'em with Camembert, scallions, grainy mustard, and some other assorted yumminess. Ate 'em bunless, topped 'em with a fried egg (though the egg is underneath the patty in this photo). Enough said? I think so.
BURGERS STUFFED WITH SCALLIONS AND CAMEMBERT
Makes 4 burgers
- 1 lb ground beef (I used 90% lean grass-fed)
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced or minced
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (less if you do not like spicy food)
- 4 oz (weight) Camembert cheese, rind removed and cut into four slices
- 1 Tbs extra-virgin olive oil (I didn't measure this so I'm estimating)
- About 4 tsp grainy mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 eggs (optional, if you want to top the burgers with fried eggs)
- Greens and chopped tomatoes, for serving
- Combine the scallions, cayenne, olive oil, and salt in a small bowl. Vigorously combine, crushing the scallions a bit with a fork or the back of a spoon.
- Divide the ground beef into eight equal balls, then flatten them out into patties. Spread four of them with mustard, top with a slice of Camembert, then spoon 1/4 of the scallion mixture on top. Top with the four remaining plain patties and press the edges together to make stuffed burgers.
- Broil or grill for about 4 minutes on each side. Meanwhile, fry eggs if desired to over-medium. Top plates of salad greens with burger patties, then top each patty with an egg.