This uses coconut milk (for medium-chain fatty acids), sweet potato (a nice starchy medium-GI carb with lots of health benefits), cinnamon (improves insulin sensitivity), and whey protein (a fast-acting protein source). It works out perfectly to fuel my workouts!
I use canned organic sweet potato puree because it's fast and easy. You can definitely cook and mash sweet potato ahead of time, though. If you do that, I recommend running the sweet potato through a food processor so that you can easily shake up the resulting puree up in a blender bottle. Otherwise you will need to use a blender.
SWEET POTATO PIE SHAKE
- 1/2 cup sweet potato puree
- 12 fl oz lite coconut milk (full-fat is too thick) or almond milk
- 1/2 scoop (I use a 25cc scoop) of vanilla whey protein (I use True Protein whey isolate in natural premium vanilla, which is sweetened with stevia only. More info here.)
- Lots of pumpkin pie spice and/or cinnamon (I use Penzeys)
- Pinch of salt
- Shake up everything in a blender bottle.
- Train hard!!