I love pretty much anything with buffalo sauce. Unfortunately, those items are usually breaded and fried. I decided to make a cauliflower pizza crust topped with buffalo-sauced chunks of skinless chicken breast.
BUFFALO CHICKEN PIZZA
Makes one pizza, serves 1-2
- 1 cauliflower pizza crust, made with sharp cheddar instead of mozzarella (2% cheese is fine)
- 2 Tbs crumbled blue cheese (reduced fat is fine)
- 2 Tbs mayonnaise (homemade or Spectrum light)
- 4 oz boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into small cubes
- Buffalo wing sauce, such as Frank's or Hooters
- Minced red onion
- Diced tomato or halved grape tomatoes
- Make cauliflower pizza crust according to recipe
- Meanwhile, saute chicken in a little oil with salt and pepper in a skillet. When chicken is cooked, turn up the heat to high, pour wing sauce over the meat, let boil, then remove the pan from the heat. Set aside.
- Combine the mayonnaise and blue cheese crumbles. Spread the mixture over the crust (you may have to use your hands). Add the chicken cubes, then sprinkle with red onion and tomato. Bake for about 5 minutes at 450 (the oven should already be preheated from baking the pizza crust). Serve immediately.