SPAGHETTI SQUASH CASSEROLE
- 1 medium-sized spaghetti squash (about 2 lbs)
- 1/2 Tbs unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp minced fresh sage leaves (note: I used 1 tsp but it didn't seem like enough. Next time I will bump it up to 1 Tbs.)
- 2 oz pine nuts (pignoli), toasted until fragrant and brown
- 3/4 cup whole milk ricotta
- 1-2 Tbs grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste (I used about 1.5 tsp salt and lots of pepper)
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise, scoop out the seeds, and microwave on high for 6-8 minutes. Shred the flesh with a fork and then scoop it out with a big spoon into a casserole dish.
- Heat the butter over medium heat until nut brown. Add the garlic and sage leaves, saute until garlic is straw-colored, then add to the squash.
- Add the ricotta, pine nuts, salt, and pepper to the squash. Smooth out the top.
- Sprinkle the top evenly with a layer of Parmesan.
- Broil until the top is brown in spots.