I made Jamie's oopsie rolls and they reminded me of challah or brioche. Unlike most low carb breads which are dense and mealy, these are light, fluffy, sweet, and airy.
I don't see myself using these as rolls -- I'm content to eat my burgers bunless atop a big plate of salad greens. However, they make a perfect French toast.
OOPSIE ROLL FRENCH TOAST
- 1 recipe oopsie rolls (picture tutorial, tips and tricks), cooled completely. I used Philadelphia brand low-fat cream cheese because it's still pretty much carb-free with fewer calories. ETA: You can alternately bake the oopsie roll batter in a parchment-lined 13"x9" lasagna pan, then cut it into squares
- 2/3 cup Eggbeaters (or an egg beaten with some half-and-half or almond milk)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Spray a nonstick pan with cooking spray and heat over medium.
- Combine the Eggbeaters, cinnamon, and vanilla in a bowl. Beat with a fork.
- When pan is hot, dip each roll in the egg mixture and then cook, turning once and re-spraying the pan before flipping. Cook each side until golden brown. Serve with butter (or butter spray) and Walden Farms breakfast syrup or homemade sugar-free syrup.